FJF Placement Opportunity: Coder/Web Programming Assistant
September 1, 2010 by Giles Lane
***** Update 11/11/2010 : this vacancy has now been filled *****
Are you aged between 18-24 and receiving Job Seekers Allowance?
Want to gain experience working alongside artists in a creative environment?
To Apply : contact/visit JobCentrePlus quoting reference CTE/154454
This placement is offered through our partnership with Islington Council, details of the post are held at the 3 Islington JCPs : Highgate (contact Robert Tomlinson), Barnsbury (contact Yvonne Loong) and Finsbury Park (contact Vanessa Lazarus) as well as Denmark Street JCP.
Coder/Web Development Assistant Placement (Islington FJF)
Role: Coder / Web Development Assistant
Location: Central London (Clerkenwell)
Salary: £7.60 per hour
Job Type: Part-time 25 hours per week, 6 month placement
- be part of a creative team working on Proboscis projects and activities
- be part of a team to researching & identifying creative opportunities for engaging young people with our web and digital media projects
- ability to work in a small team
- interest in arts, film, social media, design, culture and people
- interest/experience in developing apps for iPhone/Android
- self-motivation & responsibility
- willingness to learn new skills and take on personal challenges
All candidates should submit an up to date CV, with two references and examples of your programming ability (i.e. web/mobile projects you have made).
You must be aged 18-24, be unemployed and claiming Jobseekers Allowance for 6-12 months. Other JSA claimants aged 18-24 may also be eligible regardless of how long they’ve been claiming the benefit (please check with your Adviser).