FJF Placement Opportunity : Education Assistant
October 5, 2010 by Giles Lane
*** Update 14/10/2010 : this vacancy now closed ***
Are you aged between 18-24 and receiving Job Seekers Allowance?
Want to gain experience working in a creative company?
Proboscis is recruiting for a new Future Jobs Fund Placement (6 months at 25 hours per week) to join our team. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about working with learners of different ages and engaging them in new creative experiences.
To Apply : contact/visit a JobCentrePlus quoting reference CTE/154610
This placement is offered through our partnership with New Deal of the Mind
Education Assistant Placement (NDotM FJF)
Role: Education Assistant
Location: Central London (Clerkenwell)
Salary: £6.14 per hour
Job Type: Part-time 25 hours per week, 6 month placement
Are you interested in working with children and young people on creative projects combining the internet, publishing, arts and design?
Would you like to be part of a small dynamic creative artist studio working with children and young people using our innovative bookleteer.com publishing platform?
The role of education assistant is for a highly motivated individual interested in creativity, art, film, social networking tools, internet, design, culture and people to work as an assistant on education projects in a school and with other young people using bookleteer.com to help young people create their own publications.
- be part of a creative team
- act as the key contact for education projects
- work with children and young people on creative projects in schools and other venues
- work with our partners (teachers, artists, writers etc) to design and deliver projects and workshops with children and young people
- research & identify opportunities for new partnerships and collaboration in education and learning
- ability to work in a small team
- interest in arts, film, social media, design, culture and people
- experience of working with children or young people in an education or learning environment (school, youth group, etc)
- familiarity with computers, the internet and social networking tools
- willingness to learn new skills and take on personal challenges
- CRB check required (can be obtained on appointment).
All candidates should submit an up-to-date CV, with two references (where possible) and a covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the job.
You must be aged 18-24, be unemployed and claiming Jobseekers Allowance for 6-12 months. Other JSA claimants aged 18-24 may also be eligible regardless of how long they’ve been claiming the benefit (please check with your Adviser).